Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Amazing Tina




 
   With much confidence, I bounced on the twin size bed, with my arms folded, in front of me. A week before, I had turned 5 years old and I was sure that I could do anything.

    "Are you ready?" I asked the stuffed animal audience in front row seats on the floor.

    "The  Amazing Tina will do her double stunt again!"

    The stuffed animals looked on with blank expressions on their furry faces. When I was about to get in the position of the amazing kart wheel. A voice from outside of the open bedroom door yelled, "Tina, this is your last warning! I am not telling you again!"

   "Oh, mommy doesn't let me do anything!" I plopped on the bed. I folded my arms on my chest as I hummed to myself. This activity did not last long. Ten minutes later, with more confidence I stood up, getting ready to do a better stunt. I was positive that the double back flip wonder would wow my furry audience.

   "Umph." I rolled my eyes and turned my back on the opened bedroom door. With my arms raised up to the ceiling , I bent my body backward towards the door. Something was wrong. My feet were at the edge of the bed and I was loosing my balance. With all my might, I tried to stand up but I fell on my back on the wooden floor. Although, I caught myself on my elbows, I noticed that there was a knife stabbing pain in my body but I could not identify where it was coming from. I turned my head around and looked at my propped elbow in the mirror next to the door. Blood was flowing out of it like melted butter in a sliced baked potato.

  "Mommy! Mommy!" I cried. "What's wrong baby?" My mother asked as she frantically ran into the bedroom. "Look!" I exclaimed, indicating to the elbow.

  Without a word, my mother scooped me up off the floor and took me to the hospital. That day was the last of the Amazing Tina...well for a few days at least.
 

1 comment:

"A Journey in this Complicated and Constant-Going Maze"-Tina-: March's Blues

"A Journey in this Complicated and Constant-Going Maze"-Tina-: March's Blues : Painting Created by Tina                    ...